Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pinterest Cookin'

I was pretty hesitant to jump on the pinterest bandwagon. I really didn't get it...I mean what does it mean to pin something or create your own boards? Well I now see why pinterest is so popular. My favorite thing about pinterest is all the recipes. I love to cook. I even had a little cooking blog with a good friend for a bit. It's still up but neither of us have posted any recipes for awhile (Taste and See ). There are some good ones on there! Anyways, I wanted to share my successful recipes that I have found on pinterest! They were all SOOO delicious.



       This dish was SO good and SO easy...the name sounds more complicated than it really is! Too bad the brussels sprouts upset Owen's stomach. Tim got to have all the leftovers himself!




This one is for sure my favorite!! Don't forget to add water into the crock pot before cooking it. I used about 1/4 cup. It really keeps the chicken moist! 




This one was Tim's favorite. The only change I would make is how the sauce is done at the very end. It took FOREVER (probably 45 minutes) for my sauce to get thick. I would recommend this: 
Still remove the chicken from the crockpot. Then pour all the sauce into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. In the meantime combine the cornstarch and water until it is smooth. Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Stir until the sauce has thickened. Then pour the sauce onto the delicious chicken and sprinkle on the sesame seeds. We had white rice with ours!!


No comments:

Post a Comment